Receiving recommended vaccinations is just one step toward improved health. A vaccine not only protects you from a variety of preventable diseases, but also has the ability to protect your family, friends, co-workers and your community. Getting vaccines on time helps prevent illness before exposed and lessens the side effects if exposed. Consult with your health care provider and learn more about which vaccinations are recommended.
Why are vaccinations important? According to the National Foundation of Infectious Disease (NFID),
- Vaccine preventable diseases aren’t going away.
- Vaccines keep individuals healthy.
- Vaccines are just as important as a well-balanced diet and exercise to overall health.
- Vaccines may make the difference between life and death.
- Vaccines are safe and effective.
- Vaccines won’t give you disease; they prevent or lessen disease side effects.
- Young and healthy people can get very sick, too
- A vaccine preventable disease is expensive to treat
Vaccinations protect you and your family who may be at risk for disease.