4-H Online Enrollment
Enrollment begins October 1!
The new 4-H year begins on October 1 and 4-H enrollment/re-enrollment opens via the Kansas 4-H Online system. All re-enrollments should be completed online by November 15. If re-enrollment is not completed by this deadline, youth will become ineligible for the current year to:
- Receive exhibit premium or participate in premium auctions. Youth may partipate in the judging process and receive a ribbon.
- Hold a leadership position at the county level (4-H Council officer, etc)
- Represent the County on a team or for an award, at a state competitive 4-H event (4-H judging teams, shooting sports matches, State KAP judging, etc)
- Receive any local 4-H scholarship or support dollars for registration/travel.
Gaining life skills is one of the goals of 4-H enrollment. Focusing on life skill development, returning Atchison County 4-Hers completing online enrollment after November 15 may regain their eligibility by choosing one of the following options: presenting a talk/presentation/public speaking at County 4-H Day /County Fair or giving a 4-H related talk to a non-4-H group. Other options include carrying out an active leadership project or completing a pre-approved service learning activity. The 4-H member must consult personally with county extension agents to develop a plan prior to doing the activity.
4-H enrollment via Kansas 4HOnline system, PROJECT CHANGES CLOSE MAY 1 to allow adequate time for fair exhibition preparation. Changes after this date can be made in consultation with extension staff. Some projects may have an earlier deadline date. (Example: 4-Her must be enrolled in the beef project prior to the weigh-in date.) It is possible to enroll in additional projects after this date if fair exhibition is not a project goal.
The 4-H project has 4 phases 1) Enrollment and goal setting or deciding what the 4-Her wants to learn, 2) Project meetings guide 4-H members in gaining new skills. Project leaders serve as learning coaches. Project leaders must complete the Kansas 4-H Volunteer Service Application annually. Project meetings use 4-H project materials, cooperative extension, USDA or extension recognized resources to guide the learning experience. 3) Project knowledge/skills application occurs in a variety of methods. 4-Hers give project talks, demonstrations and other presentations related to their project. 4-Hers share their project skills via community service activities. As a 4-Hers gain project experience, they become leaders by planning and organizing project-related events and activities. 4-Hers demonstrate skills learned by preparing a project exhibit that represents the project knowledge gained and project work practiced during the 4-H year. 4-Hers visit with a judge to receive feedback related to their project skills progress during the 4-H year. 4-Hers keep project records during the 4-H year to better understand project costs and personal project growth experiences. 4) 4-Hers review their 4-H year accomplishments as well as areas that could be improved. The 4-H project record serves as the tool to help 4-hers reflect on their successes as well as failures which served as a learning experience. 4-H values youth having the opportunity to practice the necessary steps to develop a growth mindset. For adults, we call this year-long progression of steps developing life skills or the 4-H advantage. For the 4-H member, it is the hands-on learning offered by 4-H projects that make 4-H fun.
Before enrolling online please note:
- Must have a stable internet connection using Firefox or Chrome browsers, don't use any other browser or you will have issues. This can be done on a computer or tablet!
- Must have a valid email address to create a family account (contact the Extension office if you do not have email). Do not create a new account if re-enrolling.
- To check out project offerings visit the Project Resources page.
- If you wish to receive texts, make sure you provide your cell phone number, carrier and mark the checkbox. Texts will give you e-mail notifications and ensure you don't miss important information.
- Make sure that you select your payment intention and submit all fees to the State 4-H Office by check (Due within 10 days of enrollment) or debit/credit card.
- Please select your preferred correspondence preference Mail or E-Mail from the drop-down menu.
Instructions for Re-enrollment (Enrollment begins Oct 1)
Using 4HOnline for NEW families (Enrollment begins Oct 1)