While farming is admirable as a way of life, it is also a business. Therefore, our research-based programs promote:
- effective production practices;
- competitive pricing;
- business management skills;
- environmentally sound production practices;
- alternative agriculture businesses;
- youth education about food and fiber sources;
- successful living on a few acres.
K-State Extension Agronomy eUpdate
Mental Health in Agriculture
Working in agriculture is a worthy and honorable profession; however, it is not always easy. It is important to not only care for your crops and livestock, but for yourself as well. In agriculture's high stress atmosphere, your physical and mental health should never be overlooked. For questions or additional help, please contact Ray Ladd, Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent, at 913-330-0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or 988 for Suicide Crisis Lifeline or 911.