Shooting Sports - Shotgun
Shooting sports teach youth respect for firearms, help them develop discipline, and shotgun, in particular, encourages conservation of wildlife and habitats through the hunting aspect of the project.
- Practice safe firearms handling at all times
- Learn how humans affect wildlife areas
- Develop team building skills
Expand Your Experiences!
Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Write a report on hunting endangered wildlife and how this is controlled.
- Create a presentation on the types of shotguns and how they are different.
Teach others the health benefits of spending more time outside.
Create a team building exercise involving shooting exercises.
- Organize a cleanup of a wildlife area.
- Volunteer during a shooting competition.
- Find a local marksman's club and visit a meeting or event.
- Become a role model for others by taking the position of junior/teen leader.
- Encourage others to join the shotgun project.