Are You Into It?
In the poultry project you can learn about selection and raising your birds, and dive into health issues, poultry products and careers!
• Learn the basic principles of animal science by owning, caring for, and keeping records on your birds
• Explore knowledge of sound breeding, feeding, and management practices
• Investigate current issues facing the industry and how you can start a career in the poultry business
Here's What You Can Do All Year !
Take Poultry Further !
Here are other opportunities to explore Poultry:
• Contact your county KSU Extension office for other local workshops, activities, and events
• Tour a poultry farm
• Attend a poultry show and observe the judge and their techniques
• Attend a poultry project meeting
• Design a business card or marketing brochure for your farm or imaginary farm
• Write an educational article about some aspect of poultry production for your newspaper
• Participate in a poultry skillathon
• Organize a poultry showmanship contest
• Attend a national poultry conference
• Ride with a local veterinarian to learn about animal health
• Visit a local grocery store to learn proper meat handling techniques
• Is it fair time? Consider showing in your County Fair poultry show or the Kansas State Fair.
• Interested in a college education in animal science or veterinary medicine? Schedule a visit with Kansas State University to explore those majors. www.ksu.edu