Are You Into It?
This 4-H project is designed to help you explore the world of clothing. Fashions fade – learn to make your style your own and timeless in the clothing project. Discover what looks best on your body, how to make it, where to buy it, and how to care for it.
• Express yourself through creating and planning an exciting wardrobe
• Develop skills to purchase and make clothing
• Learn how to use equipment to make and care for your clothes
• Make clothes for yourself and others
Here’s what you can do all year!
Take Clothing further!
Here are other opportunities to explore Clothing:
- Contact your County Extension Office to participate in local clothing camps, workshops, or county/regional fairs
- If selected to represent your county at the State Fair 4-H Clothing Event, participate in the Clothing Selection, Fashion Revue, or The $15 Challenge programs
- Create your own sewing/tailoring business
- Demonstrate proper clothing care with friends and family: laundry, repair, and alterations
- Help family members to shop for clothing that best fits their different body types
- Interested in a college education in the area of apparel merchandising, design, and production? Visit with your local KSU Extension Office for more information.
CLOTHING AND TEXTILE SCIENCE This project will have you sewing in no time! Members of any age learn basic sewing skills with an easy introductory project --fully elastic-waisted skirt, shorts, pants, or capris. This project can be repeated, but good next projects are sundresses and jumpers.
A Skill I Learned...
Exploring the Elements and Principles in Clothing