Are You Into It?
Make a difference. Discover the needs of your local community and beyond! Help others! Get into Action! Citizenship is the opportunity, right, and responsibility to contribute to shaping the world around you and provide service to others.
- Explore your relationships with others: family, peers, state, nation, and world.
- Get involved! Be an active, responsible citizen.
- Take action to help others!
- Show social responsibility, respect, and respond to the needs, rights, and responsibilities of others.
Here’s what you can do all year!
Take Citizenship further!
Here are other opportunities to explore Citizenship:
- Participate in county or regional Legislative Day activities.
- Apply to be a page in the State Legislature, attend National 4-H Conference or attend National 4-H Congress.
- Attend Citizenship Washington Focus.
- Contact your county Extension office to participate in 4-H County Council.
- Volunteer for a local, county, or state political campaign for a candidate you support.
- Create a team to raise funds and participate in a benefit for a national cause you support.
- Is it fair time? Consider taking an exhibit, a piece of your project learning to the fair for judging and to show off what you have learned throughout the year. It might get selected to go to the Kansas State Fair.
- Contact your county KSU Extension Office for other local workshops, activities, and events.
- Meet others interested in making a difference. Check out camps at the Rock Springs 4-H Center.
- Interested in a college education in the area of political science, sociology, public service administration in agriculture, community and regional planning, community and public health? Contact your local KSU Extension Office for more information.
Project Resource Videos