Are You Into It?
Do you want to express yourself, be creative, or make an impression? Visual Arts is for you! It may be messy, fun, strange, or unique. You will get to work with paint, chalk, metal, wood, origami, computers and much, much more. Be yourself, explore visual arts!
• Explore and experiment with endless materials to make new art
• Develop your creative skills and talents
• Be confident expressing yourself through various art forms
• Gain understanding of art history, cultures, and various technique
• Master the basics of making great art – its elements and principals
• Consider a career or life time hobby in art
Here's What You Can Do All Year!
Take Visual Arts Further !
Here are other opportunities to explore Visual Arts:
• Explore other project areas including Photography, Clothing, Home Improvement and others.
• Check out books at the library or visit online sources to learn more about techniques, composition, copyright and privacy laws, and the history and future of art.
• Create a portfolio of your best artwork (sketches, techniques and final compositions).
• Attend local art exhibitions at museums and schools.
• Enter your artwork in a local, state or national exhibition.
• Learn about other artists, art history and techniques by visiting a library or using online resources.
• Volunteer to create a work of art for your school, church or other organization.
• Is it fair time? Consider taking an exhibit, a piece of your project learning, to the fair for judging and to show what you have learned throughout the year. It might get selected to go to the Kansas State Fair.
• Contact your local KSU Extension Office for other local workshops, activities and events.
• Attend Kansas 4-H Youth Conference and participate in workshops, motivational speakers and a community service project, bringing ideas back to your community
• Interested in a college education in the area of visual arts? Schedule a visit with Kansas State University. www.ksu.edu