Are You Into It?
In the rabbit project you can learn about selection and raising your animals, and dive into health issues, management practices and careers!
• Learn the basic principles of animal science by owning, caring for, and keeping records on your rabbit(s)
• Explore knowledge of sound breeding, feeding, and management practices
• Investigate marketing, project expansion and how you can start a career in the rabbit business
Here's What You Can Do All Year!
Take Rabbits Further !
Here are other opportunities to explore Rabbits:
• Contact your county KSU Extension office for other local workshops, activities, and events
• Tour a rabbit producer’s farm
• Attend a rabbit show and observe the judge and their techniques
• Attend a rabbit project meeting
• Design a business card or marketing brochure for your farm
• Write an educational article about some aspect of rabbit production for your newspaper
• Participate in a rabbit skillathon
• Organize a rabbit showmanship contest
• Attend a national rabbit conference
• Ride with a local veterinarian to learn about animal health
• Learn about the different uses for rabbits; meat vs. non-meat production
• Is it fair time? Consider showing in your County Fair rabbit show or the Kansas State Fair.
• Interested in a college education in animal science or veterinary medicine? Schedule a visit with Kansas State University to explore those majors. www.ksu.edu