Are You Into It?
This 4-H project is designed to help you explore the world of photography. From learning
about camera equipment to capturing great images and sharing what you have learned with
others, you are bound to love photography!
- Discover how to take fascinating photographs
- Learn about photography as an art, a science and a communication tool
- Observe and enjoy your surroundings in a photographic world
- Explore photography as a hobby or profession
Here's What You Can Do All Year!
Take Photography Further!
Here are other opportunities to explore photography:
- Check out books at the library or visit online sources to learn more about technique, about composition, about copyright and privacy laws, and about the history and future of photography
- Create a portfolio of your best photographs (Take note of what other professionals have done)
- Enter a photography contest or exhibit at an open class exhibition
- Enter a National 4-H photo contest
- Is it fair time? Consider taking an exhibit, a piece of your project learning to the fair for judging and to show what you have learned throughout the year. It might get selected to go to the Kansas State Fair
- Contact your county KSU Extension Office for other local workshops, activities, and events
- Attend Kansas 4-H Youth Conference and participate in workshops, motivational speakers and a community service project, bringing ideas back to your community
- Interested in a college education in the area of photography? Schedule a visit with Kansas State University. www.ksu.edu