Are You Into It?
Do you talk to friends? Take part in a school play? Write reports? Read books? If you do, you’re communicating! The world of communication impacts you every day. By participating in the 4-H Communication project, you will explore the exciting world of communication, and learn more about yourself and others.
- Learn electronic, oral, visual and written communication skills
- Develop self-confidence through public presentations
- Practice self-expression and creativity
- Demonstrate puppetry and stagecraft skills
- Learn how to organize and present information
Here's What You Can Do All Year!
Take Communications Further!
Here are other opportunities to explore Communication:
- Write a short story or collection of poems. Make copies for your family and friends.
- Give a presentation or working exhibit at your club meeting and at your county communication event.
- Write thank you notes to a speaker or a donor to your club program.
- Organize making posters for display for national 4-H week.
- Record a radio ad or volunteer to be interviewed on a local radio/TV station.
- Volunteer to read a book at library.
- Create and perform a puppet show for library.
- Teach a younger member how to give a presentation or prepare a working exhibit
- Create an electronic presentation about your 4-H club activities for members to use in community presentations.
- Write and direct a skit for a club.
- Try out for a role in a school play or community theatre production.
- Write a letter to the editor about the value of 4-H for national 4-H week
- Create an improvisational comedy club/group
- Attend Kansas 4-H Youth Conference and participate in workshops and community service projects, listen to motivational speakers, and bring new and exciting ideas back to your community!